- 2015 NFL Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Year (Professional Football Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association, PFSCCA)
- 2013 National Strength & Conditioning Association Professional Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year* (NSCA)
- 2009 Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association Master’s Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCCa)
- 2002 NSCA Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year*
- 2000 NSCA Mountain West Conference Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
- 1998 NSCA Big West Conference Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
- Author – The Coach’s Strength Training Playbook
- Author – Push, Jump, Punch A Developmental Process for Teaching the Athlete to Power Clean
- Author – The Coach’s Strength Training Playbook for Football (eBook)
Coach Kenn’s mission as he is in the midst of his 3rd decade as a physical preparation specialist is to make a significant impact in the betterment of the field of strength and conditioning/performance training for like-minded up and coming coaches. He has dedicated his career to paying it forward with his experiences in improving the status of our field.
In addition to the two books Coach Kenn has authored, coach has been published in journals such as Strength and Conditioning, The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, Human Movement as well as Muscle and Fitness, Men’s Fitness, Scholastic Coach, and Powerlifting USA. Coach Kenn is a highly sought after speaker at the national stage, having spoken at the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s National and Coaches Conferences, The Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association’s National Conference, Nike Coach of the Year Clinics, Hammer Strength Clinics, and Glazier Clinics. He also has spoken overseas at the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association’s National Conference.
Coach Kenn likes to remind people that he has coached athletes across many sports male and female and ages from 10 year olds to All Pro’s. Coach Kenn has coached on the high school level (Pine Crest Prep) and as private sector coach, he had a 19 year career as a collegiate coach (Boise State, Utah, Arizona State, Louisville, and now enters his 7 season as a professional strength and conditioning coach in the NFL.
Coach Kenn has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Health and Sports Science as well as a Master’s of Arts in Education with an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction. He holds several of the top certifications in our field.